The Automation and IT department is a teaching and Research and Development Pole, resulting from the close alliance between the computer science, automation and electronics departments. Through this alliance, the expectations and expertise required for the understanding and development of modern digital technologies are met.
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems and cyber-security
- Industrial Computing
- Analogical and Digital Electronics
- Automation and Regulation
- Operational Research
The research carried out within the Pole forms part of a LabECAM work theme that covers the Energy efficiency of systems, machines and other processes.
It is characterised by developments and study axes using skills in identification, robust control, performance analysis of closed loop systems incorporating thermal machines (heat exchangers, refrigerating machines, air treatment centres, industrial boilers).
This research activity is specific to LabECAM and focuses mainly on industrial processes through an expertise in the field of energy efficiency of thermal machines and particularly the integration of internal model regulation developed by macroscopic scale modelling of machine components.
Relationships between the school and industrialists are built through the industrial services ECAM offers (R&D and Expertise) in the following fields:
- Development of components of Information Systems and of web solutions, applications and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Digital work space development
- Process modelling and development and/or improvement of specific regulation systems
- Design and sizing of process control systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Design of robotic cells
- Development of industrial computing tools and of electronic or microelectronic prototyping using a microcontroller
- Development of connected solutions (Internet Of Things IoT, autonomous sensor networks), design of measurement systems, application and testing of telecommunication interfaces (Wifi, LoRa, Sigfox, ZigBee, etc.)
Among the companies that trust us
EDF CENTRE DE RECHERCHE, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, NIDEC/ANSALDO SYSTEMI, IVECO, TSV TRANSFORMATEUR, ABB, GREENMOT, TSO CATENAIRES, E-CONCEPTION, GROUPE LABBE, CM VALLET, SOLYNEO…