Energy management (production, storage, distribution) and the efficiency of systems and machines are more than ever vital concerns and challenges for industry and individuals alike. Confronted with the possibility of the exhaustion of fossil fuel resources (oil, gas and coal), the importance of reducing energy costs, mastering consumption and using more efficient production tools, is increasing rapidly.
To face these challenges, the ECAM Lyon Energy Pole is developing tools to improve efficiency yields and to optimise the management of alternative sources of energy.
- Mathematical modelling of fluid dynamics
- Thermodynamics and heat transfers
- Electrotechnology of machines and networks
- Energy efficiency
Within the LabECAM laboratory, the Energy Pole, alongside its industrial partners, is particularly well recognised for its research activities in the field of energy efficiency in the following areas:
- Energy modelling of mechanical transmissions and specifically of gear transmissions
- Advanced regulation techniques applied to thermal machines
- Electrical energy conversion and storage modelling
This teaching and research pole has 10 permanent professors, several of whom are also contributors in international universities (Manhattan College – USA, University of Sherbrooke – Canada, the Pontifical Catholic University – Peru).
The Energy Pole offers the following services to industry:
- Industrial R&D services (6 to 18 months): scientific and technical studies to model the physics of systems and machines in order to help improve their design and functioning.
- Vocational training sessions (lasting 3 to 5 days) that allow technicians and engineers to update their knowledge of: fluid mechanics, thermal dynamics, heat transfers, and the electrotechnology of networks and machines.
Among the companies that trust us
CETIM, COLAS, DANFOSS, EDF, ENGIE, ERTOP, EUROMAG, FINATECH, HVAC FRANCE, LEROY SOMER, NIDEC, PFEIFFER VACUUM, PSA, PYROCONTROLE, SAFRAN, SPEED GROUP, TOTAL, VELECTA PARAMOUNT, VOLVO…