ECAM students have new on-campus facilities for the 2018-2019 school year. All of the construction and renovations are part of the Plan Campus 2015-2025 to modernize and improve the ECAM Lyon campus.
Major Overhauls over 3 Years
By launching the Plan Campus in 2015, ECAM Lyon cemented its development on the Fourvière hill in the heart of Lyon. Its goal being to double the student body by 2025, the School wants students, faculty, and staff to have the best working conditions in a stimulating and fulfilling environment.
From 2015 to 2018, works started without interrupting classes. To not bother students and faculty, major works were carried out under a tight schedule.
Some of the projects during the first phase include:
- Modernizing the Jean Bouisset residence hall: new shared spaces and balconies to open up the residence to the campus
- Expanding the campus including the Hauteurs building that now houses the library, the AEI, and the School’s incubator, TECH360
- Renovating the hill path to make it easier to get from the downhill campus to the uphill campus
- Updating the Léon Peillon building with 6 new classrooms, student association spaces, a video studio, meeting rooms, administrative offices, and a terrace with a view of Lyon
- Transforming the René Bonnetain Building by creating a new 300 seat amphitheater, a fab lab, co-working spaces, and new classrooms
- Opening the Horizon cafeteria that is managed by Crous and allows students from Lyon to have a healthy meal at a low cost
Pictures from the 2015 – 2018 Campus Transformation
The Campus Plan will continue to improve ECAM Lyon academics, research, and student life until 2025.
Building improvement work will continue over the coming months with new equipment for the Fablab and the ECAM Factory platform, new fixtures for the research and academic departments, and the campus entrance will also be improved.
Works for a new student residence are being studied.