ECAM Lyon continues its climb in the rankings, taking 23rd spot in Usine Nouvelle magazine’s 2019 survey of France’s finest engineering schools.
Out of 130 engineering schools, the 2019 ranking places ECAM Lyon as the:
- #3 post-high school general engineering school
- #6 private engineering school
- #23 engineering school overall (up 8 spots compared to 2018)
What is this ranking based on?
To develop its yearly ranking Usine Nouvelle – a French-language magazine dedicated to economics and technology in the industrial sphere – uses certified data from the French Engineering Accreditation Commission (CTI). Engineering schools are assessed based on 4 major criteria: program graduates on the labor market, international relations, research and the role of entrepreneurship. Each of these takes into account several sub-criteria, including:
- annual gross salary one year after graduation: €41,870 for ECAM Lyon (see the Employment Survey 2018)
- the percentage of students who begin their career abroad: 28.10% for ECAM Lyon (see the Employment Survey 2018)
- the number of graduates supported by incubators (Learn more about entrepreneurship at ECAM Lyon)
- the percentage of apprentices (Find out more about our apprenticeship programs)
- the percentage of females in the student body
- yearly tuition fees
This ranking is based on data from the ECAM Arts et Métiers engineering program delivered at ECAM Lyon and ECAM Strasbourg-Europe as part of a single degree.