For 115 years now, ECAM Lyon has ensured that the founding Lasallian values of the school are transmitted to our students.
An educational project
Our educational contract is built on Lasallian pedagogy, following the educational and spiritual principles of Saint Jean-Baptiste de La Salle. It links and guides the school staff, the families and the students to our common goal: the intellectual, physical, emotionnal, social, moral and spiritual development of the young adult.
A school opened to everybody, whatever their ethnic, social or religious background, represents a true challenge that requires:
- respect of the freedom of thought of each individual
- recognition of the specific qualities of the Lasallian school’s educational and pastoral philosophy
- commitment to the success of the educational project from all the participants
With and for young people
Lasallian schools: serving young people
Students are at the heart of the Lasallian schools’ organization and priorities:
- they are welcomed and respected for who they are;
- efforts are made to get to know each one of them individually;
- they are supported to get to know themselves better;
Our students learn to solve advanced problems by assimilating methodology through quality teaching.
Students from modest backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply (opportunities for financial aid).
Lasallian universities rely on teamwork
Teamwork is a major strength:
- better coordination when dealing with the needs of the students;
- optmisation of professional and interpersonal skills;
- the development of a creative, educational spirit;
- development of a creative, educational spirit; improved interaction and assessment of educational practices;
- constant support and solidarity.
They develop partnerships with:
- the local and regional education authorities;
- the social, cultural, economic and church communities;
- the national and international networks of La Salle educational institutions and training services.
A certain philosophy of education
The school strives to provide the young students with the guidance they need to build their personality by:
- helping them to develop their crictical thinking; adapting to the evolutions such as new technologies;
- making them aware of their choices regarding modern values;
- developing their sense of personal freedom and autonomy through responsibility and accountability in school life;
- neutralizing any kind of exclusion or violence by building relationships based on trust and respect.
The school gives to each individual the opportunity to build their identity guided by the Lasallian values by:
- providing appropriate facilities;
- a wide range of opportunities, such as the “Commitment and responsibility” program » etc.
ECAM Lyon, campus Lasalle
More than 200 training programs,
10 000 students in France,
500 000 worldwide
Pursuing higher education on a La Salle campus
The «Campus La Salle » schools in France offer more than 200 different higher education programs: technicians diplomas, preparatory classes, professional degrees, engineering schools. A wide range of areas is covered: industry, business, communication, sustainable development, computer science, art and literature, living sciences, etc.
These establishments work closely with the business and industrial entities to award widely recognized degrees and to offer internships and part-time training. The internationally oriented cursus includes exchanges abroad through various arrangements such as the La Salle University Erasmus programs, etc. The diversity of the training programs and institutions offers adapted training courses and gateways to up to 5 years of undergraduate studies.
The « Campus La Salle » brand
Since September 2014, several organizations can display the «Campus La Salle» label. It is given to LaSalle schools that offer their students an appropriate environment (a specific higher education project; dedicated infrastructure, support, housing support etc).
This label of quality identifies the institutions whose higher education standards match the LaSalle values.
« The establishment of the « Campus La Salle » network in France demonstrates our desire to develop undergraduate and postgraduate programs which stand out for the quality and seriousness of their studies with the objectives of business excellence, care for the individual, for the young and for the community. »
Brother Jean-Paul Aleth – Provincial visitor